photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, October 19, 2012

TGIF - Not Going to be Pretty

TGIF!! What a funky week this has been.  I had so much on my mind - work, life, health, etc.  Needless to say, I am happy the weekend is here. Sorta.  

You may remember that back in May, I talked about my husband and MoH Nancy participating in Tough Mudder.  I was just a spectator then but this time, I'm actually doin' it!!  I am seriously in my worst shape ever as I have been barely working out the last couple of months. So, I'm pretty freakin' scared.  The good thing, and the ONLY good thing about this event is that I will get to see my friends, the Han's, who will join me and Randy.  Our team name:  The MVP's.  The Mudder we are doing this weekend is in Englishtown, NJ.  Wish us luck b/c I seriously need it!!




You can imagine after completing the Mudder, I ain't going to look or smell pretty for sure.  And I will be mighty cold from diving into froze water ('Arctic Enema') and nasty mud.  I'm also going to be HUNGRY. I'd love to have a huge bowl of this soup afterwards.  



 See recipe for this roasted veggie soup w/ herb dumplings here.

Have a great weekend~

2 comments:

  1. No it's going to be SO much fun!! I promise it won't be nearly as bad as you think. Just go out there and enjoy yourself... don't put any pressure on the time, just have fun. And come back and tell us all about it! The arctic enema is seriously the craziest thing I have ever experienced... you will definitely want some soup. :)

    Have fun!! I'll be cheering for you back here in MD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously so scared and excited at the same time! I keep watching all those Youtube videos in my attempt to pick up on all those tips, but it's actually making me more nervous! I'll dish all about it next week!! Thanks for your support!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips