photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo dailyreads.png photo contact.png

Friday, July 27, 2012

TGIF - Watcha up to?

Lochte or Phelps?  That is the question. Yes, the Olympics is back and I will be watching the opening ceremony tonight.  Is there anyone who doesn't love the Olympics?!


I am so happy it's the weekend especially because this Sunday is my husband's birthday.  I think we love celebrating each other's birthdays more so than our own. I always try to pick out a neat restaurant and I think I've got the perfect place for this year. I'll reveal next week so as to keep Randy in the dark.  


In addition to the restaurant, I'd like to bake a birthday cake for the first time this year.  I am not a baker and I've never baked a cake before.  So, this is definitely going to be a fun and interesting challenge.  Here are the two I'm thinking of: 




Randy's a chocolate person, so I should probably bake the Lava Cake.  But I love the look of the Triple Berry Cake.  The recipes and pictures come from Cupcakes & Cashmere, one of my go-to blogs every day.  I don't even have the proper bakeware, so that's something I'll have to purchase first.  I can't wait!!   I'll tell you how it goes next week!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips